While it is important to understand the purpose of the Church of the Foursquare Gospel is to proclaim that :
Jesus Christ is Saviour,
Jesus Christ is the Baptiser in the Holy Spirit,
Jesus Christ is Healer,
Jesus Christ is the soon-coming King.
To really understand the movement, you must begin with the Church of the Foursquare Gospel’s overall vision:
(Heb 13:8) Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever.
In other words, the Church of the Foursquare Gospel is not solely centred on the issues of:
Divine healing Water baptism
The baptism in the Holy Spirit. The word of God
The 2nd coming. Pre – Mid – or Post Tribulation return
A particular doctrine Any particular liturgy
Wherever this fellowship is found throughout the world, this is the vision that inspires and provides direction.
As a result, the Church of the Foursquare Gospel in Australia:
- Does not give itself to fads or trends in church service or liturgy.
- Does not focus on one truth to the detriment of others (eg faith; 2nd coming; gifts of the Holy Spirit).
- Is not prone to ‘hero-worship’ of leadership, rather, believes in ‘servant leadership’.
- Is more concerned with the fruit of the Holy Spirit in a believer’s life overall [Gal 5], than with the manifestation of spiritual gifts or ministries.
- Is totally committed to the ultimate unity of the body of Christ and is, therefore, always in the forefront of ecumenical fellowship.
- Is always concerned with issues of Godly ethics, social justice and biblical morality as the bible discusses.
- Never gives itself to the building of church empires, but seeks to bring salvation, healing, empowering and hope to people of all people groups, ethnicities, languages and nations.